The hills bordering Trasimeno and Tuscany
A circular tour departing from and arriving at the same hotel.
A memorable countryside Bike Tour, this will first take you towards the Tuscan-Umbrian hills via Montepulciano, before heading towards Cortona. These are your first two stops where you will take a break and enjoy the area’s local products.
You carry on around the Trasimeno ring , an area of great natural interest which winds around Lake Trasimeno in a green trail and takes you through old villages and a final tasting on a stunning lakefront terrace.
– Hotel arrival, welcome drink and briefing for the tour.
-bike and equipment pick up
“the three lakes nestled amidst the Trasimeno hills“
- difficulty: moderate
Trail of approximately 60 km, with stretches of dirt road through the beautiful rolling countryside, typical of this part of the country nestled between lakes Trasimeno, Montepulciano and Chiusi
- Pit stop “Montepulciano” wine tasting
“Cortona terrace and Hannibal’s trail”
- Difficulty: easy
Trail of approximately 50 km, it initially winds its way towards Tuscany to take you to the main cultural and touristic hub of the Val di Chiana “Cortona” ideally located to reach the main artistic and cultural centres with ease
- Pit stop ”Cortona “Wine and Tuscan crostoni tasting and “Tuoro” on Hannibal’s trail
“oil and wine on the shores ofTrasimeno lake”
- difficulty: moderate/easy
Trail of approximately 54 km, with stretches along the green shores of LakeTrasimeno, with long stretches following the Wine and Oil route. An official Regional Parc, its circular surface nestled between rolling hills dotted with olive groves and cultivated plains is of great natural interest.
Visit of the old towns of Montecolognola and Monte del Lago where you can enjoy a beautiful view of Lake Trasimeno. There are also old fishing villages such as San Feliciano and Sant’Arcangelo.
In the section between Castiglione del Lago and the Anguillara Canal the route is still being projected and laid out.; however the section is temporarily linked to the route via the ordinary road.
In the settlements of Passignano, Torricella and San Feliciano, the trail follows the existing roads.
- Passignano sul Trasimeno
- Monte del Lago
- San Feliciano wine, fish and local catch tasting.
The tour includes:
- a half-board booking for 2
- Organized breaks with cultural outings
- bike rental (E-Bike, mtb, hybrid bike depending on your needs) repair kit, lock, helmet, lights.
- Logistic support
- Informative material with all the timetables, points of interest and different levels of difficulty
- 24h Support
The tour does not include:
- Drinks with meals
- Dedicated tour guide
- Mechanical Support
- Extra entries and anything not explicitly included under “the rate includes”